Residential Automatic Gates
Residential Gates, Gate Operators, And Access Systems
For privacy and enhanced security, ABC Door installs a complete selection of wood and steel gates with slide or swing openers. These gates are perfect for estates or farms. The openers run on very low voltage and can even be solar-powered in areas where electricity is not available. (Solar powered gates require a minimum of 5 hours of direct sunlight each day to maintain the battery charge.)
- an adjustable sensor that stops the gate if an obstruction is detected
- a single transmitter that can be programmed to open both the gate and your garage door
- key pads, telephone intercoms and loop detectors that open the gate when you leave the garage
- other options are available
These gates offer superior construction, are available in a variety of designs, and service by ABC Door is as close as your telephone.
Commercial Automatic Gates
Typically, a commercial facility will have stricter security requirements than a residence, while also admitting a higher volume of traffic than most homes. As a result, commercial security gates must be faster, more durable and easier to operate than their residential counterparts.
Most business security gates are made of aluminum, which is strong and lightweight, in addition to being resistant to corrosion. As a result, they are less prone to wear – an important benefit that keeps your maintenance costs low without compromising security or service.
Some things you should consider when choosing a security gate for your business include:
- Available space and opening size: Different types of gates use space in a different manner – some open upwards while others slide out or swing forward. Also, consider what types of traffic you expect – large commercial trucks will require a larger opening to get in and out safely.
- Frequency and speed: An accurate picture of how much traffic you expect, and how quickly you need it to move, is essential when purchasing a business gate. Your system should be designed to keep idling time to a minimum, and durable enough to withstand the rigors of frequent daily use.
- Operator and access control system: A business gate is paired with an operator and, often, a keycard or number pad access-control system. To reduce the risk of failure, components should be matched by a qualified professional who understands your requirements.
- Electric security gates for businesses have several obvious advantages over manual systems. For larger facilities with a high volume of vehicles entering and exiting, an electric gate is the clear choice, as it will save time, reduce staffing requirements and keep your productivity up on a day-to-day basis.
There are some drawbacks to an electric gate, including increased maintenance requirements and higher initial costs.
Matching your organization with the right gate requires careful consideration of these factors and more. Working with an ABC Door gate professional will help you understand the options available and help ensure you get the best product for your budget.
Our team here at ABC Door has extensive experience designing, building, and installing gates for both residential and commercial use. Whether its for an attractive entrance to your property or security control of access we can help you with a gate solution that is both effective and aesthetically pleasing.
In addition to helping you select the gate to meet your requirements, we can offer you a variety of tools to increase the functionality of your gate, whether commercial or residential. Some of these are:
A single transmitter can be programmed to open both your gate and your garage door.
This senses an obstruction and is an excellent safety feature for the young family with small children.
Exit Loops or Wands:
A loop is cut across the drive and wands are buried on the sides of a drive. Both sense the approach of a vehicle and trigger the automatic gate to open so that someone can leave. These are perfect for someone with a long drive too far for a transmitter signal to reach to allow guests to leave. It also adds convenience for the homeowner as well.
This is the follow through safety at apartment complexes. It triggers the automatic gate to reopen if it senses another car trying to follow through the gate. These features help keep lawsuits to a minimum.
This stops the automatic gate from closing if it senses something between the gateposts – such as a long bed trailer. This is a great feature if the automatic gate is close to a main road, but is not needed if you have an infrared eye installed.
Knox Boxes – K2 Switches – Strobe Sensors:
These are required for commercial and neighborhood automatic gates. These allow fire departments entrance in case of an emergency.
Allow automatic gates to open at a scheduled time and close at a scheduled time without the assistance of transmitter or other devices. This is great for places of business.
Automatic Gate Entry Systems:
These systems have a range of bells and whistles. We have entry systems that:
- Search for a name
- Cell phone gate access
- Camera surveillance in black & white or color
- Works as a toll tag system
- Full computer access
- Logs entry/exit times for security purposes
Automatic Gate Operators are as important – if not more important – than the construction of the gate itself. We can install your choice of electric or solar powered automatic gate operators. The selection of these would depend on the weight of your gate and the location of where it’s going.
No matter what style gate you’re considering, let the design team at ABC Door help you.
2915 Richmond Dr. NE
Albuquerque, NM 87107