For appearance, durability, style and performance, you can trust ABC Door to install the best value garage door and opener.
ABC Door offers Garage Door Repair and Openers in Albuquerque, Santa Fe,Bernalillo, Grants, Gallup, Belen, Socorro, Las Vegas, Rio Rancho, Los Lunas, Cedar Crest, Placitas, and Tijeras.
The average garage door moves up and over a thousand times a year. That causes movement and vibration, which can loosen hardware. Because your garage door is the largest moving object in the home it is very important that garage door maintenance is performed every year.
When our experienced technicians arrive we will perform a thorough inspection including checking that all your hardware is tightened, your keypad is working, and that your garage door is properly on track and balanced. If your door is not balanced it can cause your opener to have to work harder and it will not last as long.
ABC Door features a complete selection of commercial and industrial overhead doors, rolling – service and rolling counter doors.
Our industry knowledge and more than 45 years of service in Northern New Mexico assures your long-lasting satisfaction in product and service. We maintain the area’s largest inventory of commercial garage doors, openers, controls, grilles and replacement parts. ABC Door can also help you comply with SafeDoor PM inspections and reports. Learn more about this here:
Our Garage Door Repair Services
- Garage Door Installation – Complete installation and calibration of a new door.
- Garage Door Replacement – This includes removal and haul away of the old garage door and parts.
- Garage Door Torsion Spring Replacement
- Garage Door Openers – Service and repair of the electric garage door opener. This service includes inspection, repair, adjustment, & lubrication if needed.
- Garage Door Off-Track Repair – Service and repair of doors that have come off their tracks.
- Garage Door Strut Installation – Garage door struts stiffen door sections to prevent them from bending or breaking. They also allow the door to open and close smoothly.
- Garage Door Panel Replacement – We can replace just one section rather than the entire door.
- Garage Door Roller Replacement – Rollers can be replaced when they are worn out.
- Garage Door Maintenance –our technicians will evaluate, make minor adjustments, minor repairs and lubricate your garage door.
- Wireless Keypads – Our technicians can help you reset, repair and reprogram your wireless keypads.
FOUR COMMON GARAGE DOOR MALFUNCTIONS THAT REQUIRE IMMEDIATE EXPERT ATTENTION
- Externally-caused damage (accidents, vandalism, storms) that prevents correct operation of the door or breaches security must be addressed ASAP – Call ABC Door at 505-884-1166 right away! Describe the damage clearly so
we can respond quickly and appropriately. Our emergency repair service is
- The door sticks or seems to hang up during opening and closing -This is one of those problems that can be prevented or minimized by regular garage door maintenance. Garage door manufacturers recommend all moving parts of your garage door should be maintained at a minimum of every three years. Regular maintenance will greatly reduce the likelihood of blockages and other mechanical hang-ups.
- The door won’t open or close – If the garage door does not close all the
way, this can present a security risk as well as drain your home’s energy if it is heated or air-conditioned when your garage directly accesses your home. If you have an automatic garage door opener, the first thing to do is something that you can do for yourself:
-Check the switches and sensors
-Make sure the batteries in your remote are not dead.If the garage door does not stay open, this can lead to very dangerous situations. A heavy door slamming down on a person (especially a small child) or pet can cause serious injury or death. Also, a door dropping unexpectedly can cause major damage to any vehicle or equipment that happens to be in the way. This can be caused by worn-out springs or broken cables. Regular maintenance will help prevent the mechanisms from getting to the point of failure. These problems require professional attention. Do not open or close the door again until your service person advises you to do so.
- The door is making loud grinding noises, metal-on-metal screeching,
or squealing noises while opening or closing – This is an indication that the door needs maintenance. Routine professional maintenance is the best way to avoid this annoying problem.
SAFETY AND SECURITY
What you can do to make your automatic garage door more secure:
In today’s busy work, electric-operated garage doors are so commonplace that most of us think of them as a basic modern convenience. These up-to- date devices certainly do make out daily life more comfortable and convenient, but they also provide a much higher level of security against intruders than old-fashioned manual doors. Clearly, protecting home and property is a high priority for everyone, and there are measure that you can take to make your garage door even more secure.
Here are three things you can do to help ensure this essential security:
- Never leave your garage door remote in your vehicle when you leave the vehicle. If someone steals your remote or your car with the remote in it, they now have free access to your home. A keychain remote is ideal in this respect. Just take the extra effort to take your remote with you when you leave your vehicle. Think about it, would you want your valet or parking attendant having access to your home?
- Many garage door openers operate with a “rolling code” system that changes the code every time they are activated. This prevents criminals from deciphering and using your private code. Check with your manufacturer to see if they use this system. If not, now is the time to switch to a new model that employs more up-to-date security technology.
- Finally, if you are going to be away from home for days or weeks for a business trip, vacation or any other reason, take time to disconnect your garage door opener by simply unplugging it. This protects against any accidental or deliberate attempts to trigger your code and open the door. You may also consider investing in a vacation lock security switch which is available for many garage door opener models. Either way, you don’t want to leave your garage door vulnerable to crafty would-be intruders. Over more than 45 years in the industry, we have developed relationships with every manufacturer and supplier. So, even if you have a door installed by another vendor, we have both the know-how and the parts to fix it correctly and quickly. In fact, most repairs can be scheduled the same day.
2915 Richmond Dr. NE
Albuquerque, NM 87107